MY TOP 3 BEAUTY PRODUCTS THIS CHRISTMAS
– Douvall’s Limited Edition Argan Oil Christmas Gift Set is a multi tasking product can be used as a moisturiser on both body and face, as a hair conditioning treatment minimising split ends, and on your cuticles. £35 Available from Urban Retreat at Harrods, www.urbanretreat.co.uk andwww.douvalls.com
– Dr Jules Nabet Zen Lotion is a vitamin-packed anti-ageing sprtizer, a great ‘skin pick up’ that stimulates, refreshers and rebalances the skin £42, 200ml, available from www.julesnabet.com
– Luxtural Facial Deep Moisturising Anti-Aging Lotion natural luxury skin care line that captures the best qualities of high-end cosmetic science and holistic medicines from ancient cultures. Luxtural was designed to treat the physical symptoms of aging with deep hydration £159.00 Available from Harvey Nichols, Fenwick and online.
THREE PARTY SEASON ESSENTIALS:
– I love this instant pick me up from THALGO hyaluronic eye patch masks are small patches that smooth tired eyes, working to erase dark circles. £34 box of 8 pairs
– For instant make up I love Rock Beauty Glamour/ nails, they have instant nail wraps and eye makeup, pull the look from your little handy book and simply stick on for instant nails and eye lines. £9.95 available at Topshop
– To make sure your make up lasts all day and night try Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray Original £13.99 avaiable from www.love-makeup.co.uk
3 CHRISTMAS PARTY LOOKS 2012
– A bold graphic eye line is a timeless look and works perfectly with the little lbd party dress. May take a little practice but once you have it will be a simplistic but chic look. I prefer liquid liners to get a more precise line, the smaller the brush the easier it is to get closer to the lash line. TIP: Never use liquid eyeline on its own, a heavy strip of black can overlode the eyelid and make your eyes look smaller. Finish the look with a black mascara. Try ESTEE LAUDER SUMPTUOUS EXTREME
– Smokey eyes is something that works on all ages, and is in again! Why not try something different rather than the usual black and grey, try purple or warm coppers/browns and even gold, or a shimmer metallic for a twist on the smokey eye. RITUALS mineral eye shadow WINTER GLAMOUR PALETTE, £19, www.rituals.co.uk do some lovely colours that feel soft and creamy and easy to blend. TIP: blend and blend some more to remove any hard edges
– Another classic look that has appeared again this christmas is the red velvet lip. Make sure your edges are perfectly defined. You can wear them glossy or matte, vibrant or sheer or even go for a vampy dark lip. TIP: The general rule to follow is to pick a red that matches your skin's undertones, ie pale skin rosy undertones pick a pinky red, pink skin with colder purple/blue undertones try plum shades, warm golden skins should opt for warmer orangey reds. Although a true red will look good on any skin tone. I like ART DECO MAKE UP try Art couture 231 or 205 classic lipstick available at DEBENHAMS
MY PRODUCT ON MY WISH LIST?
– HoMedics Rejuvenate skin radiance To give skin a pick-me-up this Christmas party season reach for a 3 minute rejuvenation treatment with HoMedics Tanda Luxe (£199.99) available from selected Boots stores nationwide and Boots.com
MY 3 CHRISTMAS PARTY DO'S AND DON'TS…
– 3 dos:
– Always keep hydrated try to drink at least a litre of water a day. In the winter months especially the skin is already dry, and after a big christmas party is good to flush all the toxins out leaving the skin glowing and can help prevent puffiness
– If you have no time before your christmas party for a fresh face of makeup, add some moisturiser to your foundation to prevent it caking over the previous layer from the day, only apply to areas that need it ie- nose cheeks and minimal around eyes, always blend out so you have no tide marks. This will add a new glow and prevent creasing from overlayered bases try TRANSFORMULAS diamond lift brightening complex
– Always remove your make up before you sleep!
– 3 don'ts:
– For eyes that pop, eyelash curlers are a great tool BUT never curl your lashes just after applying your mascara as this can cause your lashes to break. To really make your eyes pop try a pair of fake lashes, or if you are not feeling confident enough for a full strip ARDELL do some great individuals. £5.10 available from Boots and Superdrug
– Try to avoid strong eyes and lips, the overall look can result in clown like makeup
– Never fake tan the night before your party, leave a day inbetween, always exfoliate and moisturise before application and use a mit to prevent hand staining and streaking. try VITA LIBERATA gift set £25 available at Debenhams